AutoDocSearch is a plug-in for Adobe® Acrobat® software for automated searching and organizing of PDF documents. Use this software to perform the following tasks:
- Search PDF files for multiple keywords and text patterns
- Copy files to different folders based on text match
- Generate hyperlinked search reports
- Highlight search results in PDF documents
- Perform custom document processing based on search results
- How it Works
- The plug-in takes a set of PDF files/folders as input and searches documents using a collection of user-specificed "search rules". Each search rule defines a phrase or text pattern to search for and specifies what action to take if this text is found. Each rule provides options to copy and rename PDF files and/or perform custom processing via scripting. A collection of search rules can be stored as "rules" file for repetitive application. The hyperlinked HTML report file is generated at the end of the search process with detailed description and direct hyperlinks to all matching text locations. Optionally, search results can be presented to the user for interactive review. Matching text can be bookmarked and highlighted in corresponding PDF documents.
- Use Cases
- Here are few examples on how the software can be used:
- Organize files into folders: Search PDF files for a set of keywords such as "Invoice", "Purchase Order", "Monthly Statement" and etc., copy files into corresponding pre-defined folder if a match is found.
- Generate Search Reports: Search PDF files for account numbers and generate spreadsheet-ready report showing document names and page numbers where text is found.
- Update Document Metadata: Search PDF files for a set of pre-defined keywords and add them to the document metadata.
- Customize Document Content: Search PDF files for a set of pre-defined keywords and insert different cover pages depending on search results.
- PDF Text Search
- Search multiple PDF files for occurences of multiple user-defined keywords or text patterns.
- Search for Text Patterns
- Use "regular expressions" to search not only for fixed keywords and phrases, but for text patterns such as phone and account numbers, email addresses or product SKUs. This is a powerful method to find text that conforms to certain formatting rules.
- Copy and Rename Files
- Copy PDF files to pre-defined folders based on search results. Use this functionality to organize documents into folders based on text content. For example, separate invoices from account statements or sort various medical documents based on their text content.
- HTML and Excel Report Files
- Save detailed search results for each rule/keyword as hyperlinked HTML file:
- and spreadsheet-ready CSV files that can be opened by Excel or any other similar application:
- Apply Conditional Processing
- Review and Highlight Search Results
- Interactively review search results. Bookmark and/or highlight text occurences in PDF files.
- Action Wizard Batch Processing
- The plug-in adds PDF document search and copy functionality as a batch command to Acrobat's Action Wizard. Action Wizard is a batch processing tool (part of Acrobat Professional) that is used to apply sequences of operations to one or more PDF files without user interaction.
- Adobe Acrobat Integration
- The plug-in adds "Plug-ins > AutoDocSearch Plug-in" menu and a corresponding toolbar button to the Adobe Acrobat user interface. There is no separate application to launch - all functionality is fully integrated with familiar Acrobat interface.
Download and evaluate a 30-days fully featured trial version of the plug-in.
- Microsoft® Windows Vista/2003/2008/2012/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10.
Full version of Adobe® Acrobat® software is required (versions 6, 7, 8, 9, X, XI, DC). This
software will not work with free Adobe Acrobat® Reader®. Batch processing functionality requires
presence of Adobe® Acrobat Professional®
(Adobe Acrobat Product Comparison Chart).